Incumbents, under direction, perform a variety of clerical accounting duties involving the maintenance of financial or statistical records. Duties may vary based on assigned department. [For a detailed job description for this Los Rios Classified Employees Association (White Collar) posting Job Descriptions click here].
This position is assigned to the Administrative Services department.
Los Rios Community College District offers competitive salaries and a very comprehensive employee benefits package to include medical insurance, CalPERS retirement, and opportunities for additional insurance and financial investments.
Full-time, twelve-month employees receive 17 days of annual paid holidays, 15 days' vacation yearly (with increases after 5 & 10 years) and 8 hours of sick leave per month. Los Rios also offers extensive professional development opportunities with the district and financial support and/or paid time off to complete external academic studies. (See full LRCEA contract agreement details)
● Prepares and maintains change funds for revolving fund operations.
● Complies with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
● Debits or credits accounts and reporting in some cases to supervisors.
● Uses a variety of computer accounting and office software programs.
● Evaluates records for accuracy and reconciles or notes discrepancies and communicating same to campus supervisors, and vendors when appropriate.
● Compiles reports and tables, prepares and balances bank deposits, and reconciles cash register tapes.
● Enters and codes financial transactions and other account information to update and maintain accounting records.
● Serves as counter receptionist and answers student's questions.
● Performs basic financial calculations such as amounts due, balances, discounts, equity, and principal.
● Screens data for accuracy and completeness and reconciles discrepancies.
● Issues and accounts for keys to secured areas.
● Prepares daily cash reports and accounts payable for bookstore.
● Prepares and types financial/statistical reports including daily reports to District.
● Processes incoming invoices, returned checks, posts bad debt entries, coordinates with collection agencies, and handles student related issues.
● Receives control figures and balances output data to control figures both manually and visually, comparing and researching discrepancies.
● Prepares negotiable instruments for deposit.
● Monitors and reconciles account balances before issuing checks.
● Prepares billings and follows up on collections of past due receivables.
● Prepares accounts payable for payment and pays invoices.
● Maintains records of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
● Verifies requisitions against data and budgets.
● Assists with the audit of warrants before they are distributed.
● Determines applicability of Use Tax and applies correct rate.
● Audits student and classified employee timesheets, maintains preliminary payroll records charges against appropriate accounts, and assists in resolving payroll problems and issues.
● Assigns or uses accounting code numbers for income and expenditure items.
● Schedules campus and District vehicles for travel, and processes related expenses for reimbursement.
● Prepares files and verifies accuracy for ordering hand-generated checks.
● Types and distributes financial/ statistical reports.
● Determines 1099 reportable status.
● Performs financial calculations and analyzes information on travel authorizations/disbursements to ensure adherence to District policy.
● Prepares journal entries and budget transfers.
● Prepares, audits and reconciles purchasing requisitions for supplies, equipment and services.
● Performs related duties as required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of financial recordkeeping experience.
Promotional: One year of experience in Los Rios Community College District as an Account Clerk I, or equivalent experience. (Promotional applies to regular, current Classified employees working with the Los Rios CCD.)
Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
(Experience Requirement: One year of experience is equal to 12 months of experience at a maximum of 40 hours per week. Applicable part-time experience will be converted to the full-time equivalent for purposes of meeting the experience requirement. Education Requirement: 15 units are equal to six months of education; 30 units are equal to one year of education.)
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers