Accountant (Kings Card Club and Westlane Card Room)
QR Code Link to This Post
We're an exciting and competitive company in the Casino industry that's growing quickly! We're looking for an accountant to join our Accounting/Finance team. Our company is fun and growing, with a fast-paced environment.
The accountant's role will help assist the Controller to build the finance function and have regular interaction with the executive leadership team. The ideal candidate will have outstanding financial acumen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED)
• Accounting operations including Cash/Cashier, Restaurant Point of Sale, A/P, GL, Payroll and Fixed Assets
• Assist in preparing timely monthly financial statements
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Work with leadership on budgets and cash flow management
• Assist Controller in providing CPA Firm with information so they can complete local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Assist in developing and documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
• Assist with special projects/initiatives, as needed
Education and/or Experience
• Two year degree
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Proficiency in MS Excel
• Experience in Sage 100C and other financial reporting systems
• Clear communicator with ability to interact with senior leaders, team members and vendors
• Superior organizational skills, must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask
• Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
*Casino experience is a plus, but not required.
We're a fun and fast growing company with a great culture. We have competitive annual salary and great benefits!