compensation: DOE- Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision. 401K, and PTO employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Integration Engineering Technician II
Sensor Concepts Inc. (SCI), a dynamic growing company located in Livermore, is seeking a full time experienced Integration Engineering Technician with strength in mechanical and electromechanical skills to join our team. As a member of our Engineering Team, you will support engineers during the design, manufacture and final assembly of our commercial product. This includes integration, conducting tests, and troubleshooting. This person must be able to perform work according to procedures, specifications, and document test procedures and results. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. You will be expected to be creative with regard to improving the process, yet be disciplined when performing routine and repetitive tasks.
SCI specializes in radar cross section (RCS) measurements with emphasis on radar systems, data reduction and analysis, algorithm development, and field measurements. Our team’s focus is on customer needs and providing full spectrum support including engineering, field measurement, software development and manufacturing. We are conveniently located off 580 and Greenville providing easy access to South Bay and Valley commuters. You can learn more about our company by visiting our website at: www.sensorconcepts.com. The full-time hours for this position are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. and every other Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Full benefits package available after 90 days.
• Assist with transitioning product from engineering development and initial production to full rate production.
• Assembly of electro–mechanical assemblies to include the use of mechanical tools and calibrated tools.
• Hands on operations with both large as well as small fragile assemblies.
• Follow and execute assembly procedures, to include written and verbal instructions ensuring all product specifications/tolerances are met.
• Support engineering with documentation and implementation of new products and processes as required.
• Collaborate with production and engineers to develop documentation of work activities.
• Perform precision work on time, safely, and maintain consistent quality.
• 3 – 6 years of experience in the field or a related area.
• 3 – 6 years of experience in assembly of electro-mechanical components.
• Knowledge and understanding of fundamental electronics
• Skill in mechanical fabrication to include operating and manipulating various machine shop and power tools.
• Proficiency in use of manufacturing tools and electrical test equipment, multi-meters etc.
• Able to adapt to constant change within work assignments and a fast-paced work environment.
• Excellent concentration and attention to detail with consistent work efficiency and accuracy.
• Ability to be an effective team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
• Consistent attendance and punctuality
• Physical ability to lift, push, or pull up to 40 pounds or assist in lifting large items
• Ability to be on feet for up to 6 hours a day when required
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS
• Proficiency with soldering to industry standards experience a plus
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel is desirable
Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Completion of apprenticeship and/or formal training and/or an AS degree is desired.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information, which includes US Citizenship.
SCI is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please send your resume in a Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF file, along with a brief cover email describing your skills and salary requirements.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities