compensation: Commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE AT WWW.VICTORYPACKAGING.COM TO APPLY
General Description of Position:
The Commercial Driver position for Victory Packaging typically involves driving a company owned vehicle to deliver our product to our customers. Drivers will primarily make daily deliveries in our local area, covering distances of less than 50 miles between customer locations. Routes driven are considered “short haul” and intrastate (less than 150 air-miles radius).
• Valid, state driver’s license with no motor vehicle violations within last 12 months
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Commercial Divers License required (Class A)
• Meet and maintain all DOT related requirements
• One or more year(s) experience as a truck driver
• General fluency in English required, verbal and written
• Basic computer literacy preferred
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
• Operate trucks for the local delivery, pick-up and relocation of product and materials.
• Perform required maintenance of vehicle.
• Maintain required reports, including maintenance and time records.
• Provide outstanding customer service during delivery and pick-up operations.
• Follow all safety rules for equipment and material handling as required by DOT, OSHA and Company safety program.
• Inspect all materials received for order accuracy and quality.
• Communicate effectively with operations staff about customer concerns and inventory issues.
• Assist with loading materials onto truck.
• Assist with unloading materials returned to Victory.
• Utilize material handling equipment, such as fork lifts and hand trucks.
• Coordinate last minute or unscheduled deliveries to meet customer needs.
• Restock or clean warehouse when not driving route
• Pull orders or conduct manual inventory checks
• Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Perform job duties in severe weather conditions: heat, cold, rain, etc.
• Sit and drive for longer than 6 hours of time without assistance
• Lift 50 pounds repeatedly and without assistance or equipment
• Utilize all material handling equipment without assistance
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers